8

Ignore All Rules

WELCOME TO THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!!!



Have you ever thought about something that could not be explained by reality? Have you ever feel regret about something, that you are willing to go back in time to correct it. Well I do. As the matter of fact I wish that I can travel back through time whenever I was in the examination hall. I wish that I can travel back to study topics that I had missed or better still what if I can freeze time ever so slowly that I can wonder around the hall and copying other "smart" people answer.

This situation will only arise a new kind of question. "Is time travel really possible?" Well as now, scientist can ever speculate about the future of time travel. Time travel do bend our thoughts about physic and reality. Imagine this situation where Ahmad travel back through time and killed his own father or grandfather. Does he will cease to exist or he just create another dimension in the universe? Or will the the fabric of time in universe as we know it will rip apart and destroys itself and virtually everything in it?



Paradoxes. Paradoxes and time travel are intertwine with each other. Such situation mentioned above is called "Grandfather Paradox". Paradoxes may not always about gory universe rip itself apart or you will cease to oblivion, it may also shape the course of history. Imagine a person wants to investigate a cause of a great fire. So, he sends himself back through time to investigate what cause the great fire but during his investigation, he accidentally knocked over a flaming candle and thus he is the one who start the fire at the first place.

Mind blowing isn't it?



Paradox can not be limit to time, the list goes on. Paradoxes can be related to physic. Example such as this question; "What would happen if an unstoppable force hit an immovable object?" did they cancel out each other or can the universe explode due to a violation in physic.
In cosmology the famous paradox is the Fermi Paradox where he blow the lid of science when he asked a simple question; "Where are they?".

Think that can be hard? Try the butterfly effect :| where the famous myth says "A butterfly flaps its wings and the weather changes in China". That, inevitably falls to the  Einstein Podolsky–Rosen paradox.



Ever heard of term "Catch-22"? That is a paradox as well. A Catch-22 is a situation in which an individual needs something that can only be acquired by not being in that very situation, thus making it impossible to obtain. Picture this; "I cannot get a job in a high-profile occupation without prior experience, but I cannot get experience without getting a job in a high-profile area first". Hahahaha aku tau kau pening.


Can there be any paradox in music? Yes they are. Try to Google "Shepard Tone" and try to determine whether the note are acceding or descending. Mind you, that Bach, Queen, Pink-Floyd are among of many of musician that feature this paradox in their works.


Can our perception be fooled by paradox? Try to understand these pictures below.

 
Penrose stairs

Blivet


Ever heard of buttered cat paradox? The term "Cats will always land on their feet" and "Buttered toast always lands buttered side down" Those 2 paradoxes seems to be contradict each other if we strap a buttered toast on a back of a cat. Of course in reality the cat will always land first, but logically on paper it is a Catch-22 situation.  In 2003, student name Kimberly Miner won the Student Academy Award with her film titled "Perpetual Motion". 
...



...


Thinking of pursing for happiness? Well think again because according to Hedonism Paradox; "When one pursues happiness itself, one is miserable; but, when one pursues something else, one achieves happiness". Happiness is like a cat, when you call for it, it never come. But if you ignore it and carry with your own business, you'll find it rubbing against your legs and jumping on your lap. So, get busy and don't seek for happiness excessively.  If God wills it, you will find happiness comes to you.

Of course as a Muslim, there are certain boundary that I can explore about paradoxes. Topics such "Omnipotent Paradox"  is the grey area that I must avoid. That paradox questions the very existence of God. Scarry.....must stay away.

So, I know that maybe some of might beginning to eat your own legs because you are bored to death. But it can be fun to explore the mind bending topics about paradoxes. Some of them are fun, while some are simply...WHOAA!!O_O 
To simply ignore paradoxes in our everyday life is hard. It is because the rule is you will have to ignore all the rules to ignore the existence of paradox. 

Hmmmm...
The rule is to ignore all the rules?
that can be tricky because
if that previous statement is true.
Then, this statement is false.

O_O"
 
HALP!

.

8 I hear complaining (:

bytecode said...

nice! hahahahah... suka sangat aku baca ni :) :)

Anonymous said...

WOW, just WOW ^^

acab norariff said...

Byte: Hahaha, ini posting lepas baru bangun thido. Btw Thanks!! :D

Ika: wahhhhhhh O_O"

bytecode said...

tau, dari semalam lagy aku dah dapat agak when kita sembang pasal paradoxes ni. hihi. 143 :)

acab norariff said...

Hehehehe...semalam sembang sikits...kali nie nak tulis...

bytecode said...

hihihi..... and about penrose stairs, gosh. mmg continuous loop.. never climb higher. interesting...

acab norariff said...

Kalo dia wujud...memang sangat penat ler.... :D

bytecode said...

sama macam if coding programming.dulu aku coding, silap satu baris je dah jadi infinete loop. cit. :|

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top